Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Anyone Participating in the NPC contests

A topic by Luckythespacecat created 32 days ago Views: 147 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

I'm just curious if anyone else is trying this challenge, if you are I would love to see everybody's takes on it. You don't have to share if you do not want to OfCourse!

Host

From what I've seen there were some discussions about it. Feel free to join our Discord (if you haven't already) and share your idea in the #OPGames channel, would be awesome to see what you're working on!

Submitted

I had a whole project related to NPC dialog generated with AI before the jam. I was thinking of using that, but eventually realized it didn't really fit the play style so I kinda abandoned that idea.

But now, I'm reaching the end of the jam and have a bit of time left, so I might take on the challenge after all!

The idea is simple. Just inform OpenAi about what's happening, and let it generate a piece of dialog. I think this could lead to fun interactions 

Host

Sounds interesting, hope you manage to implement it before the deadline!

Submitted

Hey thats  Pretty cool, although I am doing it very similar, but the way I have it done in a way that allows each of my characters to have their own personalitys.

Submitted

I finished it, and adding the AI has completely drained my remaining power!!....

... ok there's some time left. Let's add cutscenes.

Submitted(+1)

Awesome work, I saw your game and will play it in a second, You should check out mine its called Potatype

I submitted not to long ago it also implements AI dialogue

Submitted

Nice! Yeah, I saw those dancing potatoes. I'll check it out

Submitted

You said the dialog wasn't working, did you press spacebar while close to the NPC's?

Submitted

Oh no, the dialog is working fine. Just in the beginning in the menu, I pressed [Play] and it goes into credits. But I found I can just press a bit above [play] to start the game.