Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Bitcoin Prize Winnings Sticky

A topic by AquaduckStudio created 19 days ago Views: 128 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Host (2 edits)

The winner of this game jam will be receiving Bitcoin worth approximately $200 USD. Hopefully this will be as simple as the winner sends me a wallet address, and I send the winnings to that wallet address. But sometimes things aren't so easy so I want to clear up some things upfront that could potentially be an issue for the winner at the end of the jam:

• Teams - I only want 1 wallet address. If you are competing in this jam as part of a team, it is your team's responsibility to decide how you all want to handle the winnings on your own time. I am not going to be a part of your process. The winner will present me with one wallet address and the winnings will be dispersed from me to it on May 30th 2024 or up to 1 month after. I am not responsible for anything past that. This is a cover-my-own-butt rule here because transactions have fees and if someone joins with a team of 10,000 people (yeah i know that wouldn't happen but w/e) then I'd get stuck with paying 10,000 transaction fees which could add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. So 1 wallet address. No exceptions. 
  • Spot Price - Because the value of Bitcoin fluctuates every millisecond, I am setting the $200 USD equivalency value at the current price of Bitcoin as of May 30th 2024 at 4:00 PM CST according to Coinbase's converter to the 7th decimal place. (For example as of this post, $200 USD = 0.0032407 BTC)
  • Forfeiture - If the winner does not have a wallet address, I'm happy to wait up to a month for you to make one. If you win, but don't have a wallet address and do not want to make a wallet address, here are some options available to you: You can give it to a friend if your friend has a wallet address, you can gift it to a charity by sending me the charity's wallet address which are publicly available online, or we can coordinate an exchange on Discord for a gift card available on sites like Bitrefill. However, if the winner does not provide me with a wallet address by June 30th, 2024, if no alternatives are found by this date, I will be sending the winnings to American Cancer Society. 
  • Wrong Address - When the winner sends me a wallet address, I will copy and paste that wallet address as-is. That is where I am sending the winnings. If you then tell me that you made an error and that wallet address is incorrect and give me a different wallet address after I sent out the winnings, that's on you. I have no way of recovering those funds. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the address. Please do not be careless with this step and lose your winnings. 

Hopefully this clears up some questions. I'm excited about the jam and I love you all.

(+1)

if i won do i have to win a prize because i don't want any money i just wanna have fun making a game

Host(+1)

in your case, if you don鈥檛 want the prize money then it鈥檒l go to American Cancer Society 馃檪