Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Lots of us didn't get to submit

A topic by Despa Development created 13 days ago Views: 375 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 7
(+3)

A lot of us thought we only had to submit on the google form, especially those off us who are new to Itch. I think this is a huge oversight and really hurt a lot of devs. Yall really should open up a second page or something with the games from the google forms that were submitted on time. I know we've missed out on the prize money but it would still be cool to see us as participating in the jam.

Submitted

there was a Google form?? I submitted in itch and didn't see anything mentioned about a Google form... 

Submitted

You still have time to do the google form, it's in the discord.

Submitted(+1)

They got that part wrong too, closing the form earlier than they should have...

Submitted
Deleted 13 days ago

yeh like im new to itch, i had no idea i had to submit it on the game jam page itself. i was just following the info in the submission channel. I def feel cheated in a way. I took up a lot of my personal time to do this...

Submitted

It's very sad when this happens. I hope your game will be played anyway.

(+1)

same to you dude, good luck!

Submitted

Wow, yeah I did the form on itch, had no idea there was another one we had to do. These hosts absolutely botched this jam. Not even saying to be rude at this point, just really disappointed and it sucks that they just argue with everyone on Discord instead of accepting their screw up and learning from it.

Oh well, I’m happy I got the experience of “participating” even if I end up being disqualified in the end. Tis about the journey, not the destination… or something like that.

(+1)

Seconding this as I did everything but submitting the project to the Jam; first time submitting anything to itch.io too. I honestly thought google form was for cross-referencing which games are in the Jam. I don't really care about winning anything; but feedback/rating on the game we've worked hard on would be great.

Submitted(+1)

Surely as long as the game was submitted to Itch in time, the Google Form can remain open until the voting period ends?

I too missed the message of the Google Form. Can't say I've entered a game jam before with so many steps for submission... Hopefully the above can be implemented. So much potentially wasted time from so many people.

Submitted

looks like no. Oh well. I just won't do this jam again next year. Better time spent on other jams

Seconding this

(1 edit)

I filled out the google form bedore the deadline and uploaded the game to itch but it's not showing up in the submissions... 

Submitted(+1)

For all of you maybe not watching the discord, the Google Form is still open until 5PM GMT+1. Go submit it while you can.